Old September 8th 04, 10:52 PM
Brian Colwell

Geez Peter what are you trying to do ? Get this n/g back on topic !! :-))

BMC
"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
Is it OK to post an aviation-related question in this NG and not mention
B*sh or K*rry?

The Times published a review last week about a book covering the allied
crossing of the Rhine in 1945. The accompanying picture, captioned as
being US bombers over said river, showed a formation of B-29s (I don't
think they were B-50s) flying over a river with two islands in it. I don't
know if it _was_ the Rhine, but as we all know, the photo certainly
couldn't have been taken over the Rhine before VE Day.

The tail marking was a V in a triangle. The only similar markings I have
found documented were those of the 58th BW, whose groups used Triangle S,
N, U and I. I have also seen photos of 509th ARefS KB-29Ps with Triangle C
markings.

Does anyone have any information about what unit wore the Triangle V and
where and when the photo was taken? My Google searches have so far turned
up only the same question about the Triangle V marking, but no answers.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!