Old January 29th 20, 09:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Hogue

Default Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range

Yes, you are absolutely correct that the real problem is to get the inertial platform good enough to produce useful derived information. The difficulty with the display in my mind is making a human friendly interface that gets the (novel and new, not your everyday vario) information across to the pilot in a pleasing and instantly recognizable and usable way. Maybe I am overthinking that.

Cheers,
Jim J6