Old April 5th 20, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

At 17:32 05 April 2020, wrote:
Will do. I might be up your way early june for a few 13m record

attempts if
our texas site is still in lockdown.
Dan

p.s. just to **** off the libs, I forgot to ask you what guns I should
bring? lol

It's not personal. It is a general criticism of the attitude that the rules

don't apply to some, that you can carry on with your normal life as
though nothing was happening.
I saw a comment that "it is not a problem in my area", to that you
should add the word yet. If we fail to heed the warnings it will become
a real problem. I have some sympathy with those in the USA, you do
not have a leader, you have the spinning orange man who used to be
indecisive, now he cannot make up his mind.
Over here the instruction is stay at home, every thing else is secondary.
There are exceptions but some people just have no sense of
responsibility and ignore the rules. That is a danger to us all. It seems
like what we are doing is winning, we will have fewer cases and deaths
as the result of staying home. To be clear I don't like it, I have just
bought a glider which I will not get to fly for several months. I may not
like it but I see the absolute necessity.
I know the US constitution makes it difficult for people to comply with
instructions to not do what they normally do, in this particular case it
may literally be the death of you, or your loved ones.
I don't think carrying a gun is going to save you from the virus either.