Old April 12th 20, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Regulations The FAA Has Changed In Response To COVID-19

Wow, no mask when alone in the cockpit at FL410.Â* Time of useful
consciousness at that altitude may be 30 seconds or less following a
rapid decompression.Â* I would rather clean the mask with disinfectant
before the flight than not wear it if the other crew member has to take
a leak.Â* But then, I don't to that kind of flying any more.

Now, as to the Flight Review which is required every two years, they
used to call it a BFR or Biennial Flight Review, but nobody could spell
Biennial, is currently a sticking point.Â* I recently queried my
insurance company about coverage when my flight review expires at the
end of this month and they told me that I would have no coverage.Â*
Fortunately, a check of the FAA Wings website revealed a certificate of
training which grants me flight review currency through February of next
year.Â* Maybe the feds will pressure the insurance industry, but I
wouldn't hold my breath...

On 4/12/2020 8:36 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Unsure how much this will impact pure glider pilots ...

https://www.boldmethod.com/blog/list...se-to-COVID-19

--
Dan, 5J