Old June 29th 20, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On 6/29/20 8:08 AM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 6/29/2020 3:17 AM:
As far as I know, there is no European type certificate for any of the
GP Gliders. I was unable to find neither GP Gliders nor the parent
company Peszke as an aircraft manufacturer when looking in the EASA
certification database. No TCDS - Type Certificate Data Sheet -
available. Some or all of these gliders may fall under the (recently
modified) ultralight category, where no certification is mandatory.

Type certificates aren't required to import a glider in the US. I had my
ASH 26E in March 1995, licensed in the Experimental category; it was
about two years later that they received German certification. Ditto for
the ASW 27, also a new glider at the time. Other countries have
different rules, but gliders are produced, sold, and delivered before
receiving certification.

The November Soaring article claimed two GP-14's had been delivered to
Italy. Any word on how those are doing?