Old November 15th 20, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Walsh[_3_]

Default Thank you

On 11/14/2020 12:16 PM, jp wrote:
Thank you to all who have offered me help with setting up Thunderbird as a reader for rec.aviation.soaring. In spite of the help I have not been able to figure out how to set it up. I don't mind really. Google Groups is good enough for me.

jp,

I've been using Google Groups for years now, but have been wanting to
switch to an email client interface.

Eric Greenwell suggested nntp.aioe.org. I Googled " how to set up
nntp.aioe.org in Thunderbird ", , the second link found was "
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sgroup-account "

The process took all of 3 minutes, and worked first time. You can open
both your browser and Thunderbird, side by side, to make configuration
easy. You can put " nntp.aioe.org " in your mouse buffer for your
cutting and pasting pleasure, and finally you will have to sift through
all the Usenet accounts to find " alt.recreation.soaring " and check
that Check Box.