Old May 2nd 04, 11:38 PM
Ogden Johnson III

William Hughes wrote:

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:

William Hughes wrote:

Both chinfo.navy.mil and history.navy.mil appear to be offline; I
keep getting DNS errors when I try to access them. Did the Navy
change their URLs?

All still working from here (with and without the "www" in front of them).
Sounds like a problem at your ISP.

Possibly, and I have sent an email to the helpdesk. But would that also affect
links to chinfo.navy.mil from the navy.mil homepage?

The http://www.navy.mil site worked fine for me just now, as did
every one of the dozen links I tried off of it, including links
to pages on the chinfo and history sites.

Whatever your problem may be, it doesn't seem to have been
generated at the navy.mil sites. Do you use DHCP? Have you
tried a reset/renewal of the DHCP lease?
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.