Old June 19th 04, 01:49 AM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 6/17/04 9:07 PM, in article , "John
Carrier" wrote:

You know me, John. Kool-Aid drinker. I'm telling you though. 2v1 or

1v1,
that high alpha's a big positive deal--against F-14's, F-15's, and F-16's.

Admittedly, that low top speeds a big negative deal too. Gotta stay and
fight. Can't run.

Yep, and in the real world it's the guy that's not part of your personal 1v1
that gets his silver star equivalent while you were dazzling his buddy.
Great fun, great way to be a target, great way to activate your SGLI.

R / John

We've been down this road before.

It is not uncommon for me to engage a flight of two as a singleton bandit
and shoot both fighters because of that high alpha capability. If it works
against Tomcats/Vipers in training, then I doubt it will be different in the
"real world."

--Woody