Old August 30th 04, 12:20 PM
Doug \Woody\ and Erin Beal

On 8/27/04 6:54 AM, in article , "John
Carrier" wrote:

"Elmshoot" wrote in message
I still like twins. Not only in the plane! I have made 3 carrier single
engine
landings. 2 others on the beach. Without a doubt one was a engine loss on
the
cat. I would have given that one back to the taxpayers. And my survival
whould
be suspect. I'm very disapointed that the follow on fighters are singles.
We
have now given a dollar figure to what a life is worth. 1 engine.
Sparky

Three SE traps? Somebody was trying to tell you to change careers.

About 60% of my 4800 hours were in twin-engine aircraft. Had 7 engine
failures that required SE landings (No CV, but maybe somebody was telling me
the same thing). The remainder, F-8's and A-4's, not a hiccup from the
motor.

R / John

John,

Is it your contention from these statements that single engine fighters are
already more reliable than twins?

--Woody