Old December 31st 03, 09:29 AM
David O

"George Vranek" wrote:

I (a retired aeronautical engineer and hobby flyer with 3000+ hours)
believe, that the time is ripe for a serious view of air cars. There are
hundreds of 2-seat cars with 400+ hp in serial production and thousands
being produced by tuning workshops. The only way for such cars, to avoid the
traffic jam on public roads, is to fly! Please have a look at
www.vranek.ch/aerocar.htm
and publish your comments in this NG.

George

Pretty CAD picture you have there. IMHO, there is no market for such
a vehicle beyond perhaps a handful of eccentrics. The rest of the
pilot population would continue to drive non-aircar cars, fly
non-aircar airplanes, and simply call a cab or rent a car at a
destination airport when necessary. At least your aircar concept has
wings, unlike several of the "Jetson" aircar concepts out there. The
"Jetson" aircars are suppose to liftoff vertically and take mom to the
grocery store with the push of a button -- equally ill-concieved but
for different reasons.

Least you think I'm totally against aircars, I found this aircar
concept somewhat appealing,

http://www.airplanezone.com/NewsgroupPix/Enterprise.jpg

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com