Old June 12th 04, 06:04 PM
Capt. Wild Bill Kelso, USAAC

QDurham wrote:

Now the thing to be worried about is St. Elmo's Fire... I have read some
strange things on this phenomenon, including a seasoned aircarrier pilot
seeing a floating ball of blue light which passed right through him..

I was flying a 757 out of Indy the night AA went into Little Rock. We picked up
St Elmo's climbing out. Had it so bad it was going - forward - off the nose
about 20-25 feet. As we cant see the wing tips from the cockpit, wasnt able to
see if it was building off the engine inlets. 'Was dancing all over the windows
and radios were just about useless. Guy I was flying with said he'd never seen
it going forward off an airplane. Lost it all leaving the precip, but had to go
well south of Louisville before heading west towards Vegas.

TJ
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.