Old January 9th 05, 09:24 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:09:21 -0500, C. J. Clegg
wrote:

We have a small consulting company that owns an airplane that is used
for business trips. From time to time it would be useful to be able
to contact the airplane from our office which is not located on any
airport. What do we need to do to get authorization to install an
aircraft band radio at our office and use it to contact the company
airplane?

Thanks...

We've got one in our office.

Long story short, you can review the myriad of regulations and
sub-agencies involved, obtain/complete all the required paperwork and
apply to the FCC for an assigned operating frequency and a license.

Or, you can contact AIRINC. They are in the business of obtaining all
the necessary information, filling out all the required paperwork, and
getting you a frequency and a site license.

Their fees are reasonable (but not cheap), both initially, and
annually.

Through AIRINC, you also can set up a system that will allow you to
contact your aircraft virtually anywhere, however, it is much more
expensive.

The system we have in place is as you describe, a licensed aviation
band transceiver that allows two-way communication with our company
aircraft that are in the vicinity of the radio station.

Regards;

TC