Old January 10th 05, 12:42 AM

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:57:42 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

The most often used ruse is to have somebody in the office get some sort of
instructor license...the most often used is the "basic ground instructor"
and the exam is like a private exam on steroids. There is no practical;
pass the written and you am one.

Then you file the appropriate form with the FCC for an "aviation school"
frequency, either 123.3 or 123.5, whichever is the least used frequency in
your area. If you don't abuse the privilege and start yakking uselessly on
the frequency, you will be good to go for a long time.

Honestly, I don't remember what exactly our station license consists
of. Basically, it states that we will use the assigned frequency for
inter-company communication-such as passenger/manifest info, fuel
requests, pilot/ground communication, etc.

Everybody in the office has at least a PPL, not being a radio guy, I
would assume that eliminates the need for a licensed "operator" on the
ground.

In our area, it ended up being a pretty "quiet" freq, with very little
communication other than ours.

Not saying that the way we did was the only way it can happen, just
that it was the easiest way to do it "officially", and we expected to
pay AIRINC for making it easier.

Regards;

TC