Old August 6th 03, 04:36 PM
Montblack

Thank you for buying new planes. That puts more used planes into the market
g.

Offer a low price and walk away. If they call you back inside of 2 weeks (to
talk), you know there's a better price to be discovered. If they let you
walk, then they ain't budging. Showing much enthusiasm for the plane is ok -
it's all about the money. You've got it, they want it. Unfortunately it's
also about the plane - they've got it, you want it.

Good luck with the dance
--
Montblack

("Gerry Preston" wrote)
snip
Anyone here bought a new Cessna product recently? I know a
while back there was a big discussion of whether or not an
individual could bargain with a dealer like you do when buying
a new car. What's the current thinking about all this?
Obviously, I'd like the best deal I can get and those Cessna
MSRP's are *really* way up there.