Old September 26th 03, 10:16 PM
John Galban

"Carl Orton" wrote in message ...
Hi, All;

Seriously considering first purchase of an aircraft. In no rush. I'm
curious, though.... If you're in the plane-buying mood, when do you get the
hangar/t-hangar/tie-down? Before you sign or as a condition of sale? Do most
folks selling aircraft agree to wait until you can line up a parking spot?

Many airports will not rent you a hangar unless you have the
N-number of the plane that will reside there. As for a seller waiting
for you to line up a parking spot, I've never heard of that happening.
Most folks I know just buy the airplane, get an outside tiedown, then
start looking for a permanent parking space. At my airport, it's a
good idea to get on the waiting list approximately 10 years before you
buy the airplane.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)