Old January 13th 04, 11:56 PM
John Galban

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...
Cy Galley wrote:

Bomb shackles... Does Homeland Security know about this??? GRIN

Don't worry 'bout them - it's the DEA that will cause problems if they get wind
of it.

Yes, I imagine that any kind of homebuilt equipment designed to
release bags of white powder in-flight would interest the DEA to no
end.

I've had the misfortune of having contact with some of the DEA
yahoos (spend a lot of time flying near the southern border and you
can't help it). Such a scenario would not surprise me one bit. But,
George may not be correct about Homeland Security. My unfortunate
contact with DEA led to my name and tail number showing up on a
Customs "suspicious plane" list. This was well before Sept. 11th, and
was a huge pain when crossing the border. With the hysteria that
passes for S.O.P. these days, I imagine Customs would inspect you at
gunpoint for being on the list.

BTW - You don't actually have to do anything wrong get on the list.
Flying within 50 miles of where DEA lost track of a real smuggler will
do.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)