Old December 3rd 03, 02:57 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Tom S." wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
news
Not even close to the best. I have a friend with part of one (Netjets
share) . With the two pilots and two average size passengers and a

Labrador
it can't go from San Diego to Sun Valley without refueling in a modest
headwind if its warm.

Wrong.

It is a fact.

The problem is that at FL350 it will only go about
350kts and even a modest headwind at that altitude is well over 100kts.

At FL350, it does 371 to 385, depending on weight.

Its pretty obvious that you are getting your info from their marketing
materials and have never owned or flown a turbine plane. The Cessna
marketing data is all based on ISA temperatures and the real temperatures in
the US are ISA +10C to ISA +20C extracting a huge performance penalty.

forget which engines the CJ1 uses but the engines in the CitationJet

cycled
out pretty fast so if you weren't flying long legs the engines would

cycle
out well before overhaul.

Geez...since you're so omniscient, I think you'd know that data. The

engines
in the CJ/CJ1 are VERY different from the old 500 series.

Again you seem to be operating from total ignorance. The CitationJet uses
F44-1A engines

http://www.williams-int.com/product/1a.htm

Piaggio and Premier are much better.

One a vibrator,

The Avanti is considerably quieter than the CJ1/2

the other isn't SP certified.

It isn't? Check again

Mike
MU-2