Old December 12th 03, 08:58 PM
Mike Adams

I agree with Jim's suggestions. I get plenty of spam already, so don't
need my email address out there one more place. Speed is OK, but I've
got cable. You could always break up the page into multiple sections as
it grows, so the number of thumbnails to be loaded is kept manageable.

And I agree with the anonymity issue - yes, there's always a concern for
privacy, but if there's no name or location, it's just a picture of an
airplane.

Mike

"Jim" wrote in
:

no anonymous pics, I can see pics of planes anywhere
speed is fine for me, even on dial up
no email postings, I'm sure they already get enough spam

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Our new rec.aviation "Rogue's Gallery" of pictures.

Since our new website is obviously becoming more popular with you
folks every day, I need some advice on how to proceed:

1. Should I include "anonymous" posters? I have received pictures
from several folks who do not wish to use their real names, have
their "N" numbers visible, or have their home bases publicized. To
me this seems bizarre, since the whole point of "showing off" your
plane is to "show off" -- and how can you do *that* anonymously?
Still, I've posted a couple of them, but I'm not sure of how to
proceed. It's YOUR page --

what
do you folks think?

2. The page is slowing waaaay down. I really like the format of the
page, but as it grows it's getting really slow to open. How's it
running for

you?
Too slow? Okay, yet? How slow is too slow?

3. Should I include email addresses? I've not included them, thus
far -- but I thought it might be valuable to have an email
"directory" of participants?

Thanks for your help!
--
Jay Honeck