Old December 19th 03, 08:12 PM
Mike Rapoport

Do you think that a jet climbs at the same rate as your Cherokee?

Mike
MU-2

"TTA Cherokee Driver" wrote in message

Mike Rapoport wrote:

How do you think your ears would feel if they only started

preasurization
upon reaching 8000'?

Judging from my experience, I would be fine. But I have noticed other
people are more sensitive. I took my brother for a flight in the
Cherokee and when we leveled off at 5500 I told him we were at cruising
altitude, and he said "good, my ears will probalby stop bugging me now".
Taht surprised me, as I have never felt any ear discomfort climbing or
descending in an unpressurized GA airplane.