Old January 20th 04, 03:25 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

How so were they great or not so great?

Ah, flexibility is a lot of it. That is, being able to get a wide range of
kids to grasp and enjoy the material.

And the point is that now matter how much they like to terach or how much
_desire_ they have, they still don't know HOW the human mind, especially

in
children, grasps data nd makes sense of it.

Children are all different. One size does not fit all.

but the increasing reliance on endless series of tests to satisfy
federal and state requirements. Test scores are the Holy Grail and to

get
good scores on the tests requires much more of the rote learning you

don't
like.

And that's the problem. If you wish to raise automatons and Jugen, that's
fine. I hope you aspire more highly with YOUR kids.

I am not sure what your argument is here.

I am...right here. In case you haven't figured it out, public education,

by
its very basis, it doomed.

I disagree. But I respect your opinion.