Old January 26th 04, 05:45 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:33:49 GMT, (Badwater
Bill) wrote:

As a young CFI 35 years ago I enjoyed teaching people what an aileron
is and what it does. I just got tired somewhere along the way with
the people who wouldn't try to put forth their best efforts on their
own to learn and become the best that they could be.

I don't accept your excuse for waiting 35 years to do something you
wanted to do all of your life. I feel sorry for you. I feel that you
have been a lost soul for some reason. I would have killed to fly. I
had no choice. I had no choice in becoming a nuclear physicist
either. I was born knowing how to factor a quadratic equation.

So, I was luckier than most, I'm sorry.

BWB

There's no need to be sorry about good fortune but there is also no
need for you to trash everyone who hasn't done exactly what you did
either.

Everyone is different and as the Indian's used to say: "one man cannot
tell another man what to do."

You were obviously born with the smarts to accomplish what you wanted
to do, that's great. But some people put relationships and family
first, above flying. I'm too old to be a commercial pilot now, but
I'm not too old to follow through what I started as a kid and get my
license. Now that that's accomplished, the next goal is to finish the
airplane which I started 13 years ago. I cannot spend lots of money
on it because I don't have lots of money to spend. It's a plans built
type airplane because I could not afford the large outlay of cash
necessary to buy a kit upfront. Scrounging for parts and pieces is
interesting but slow. But I get enormous satisfaction in working on
the airplane. When it's finally done, I may go into withdraw with
nothing to do at night but hope for flying weather.

Frankly Bill you do not have to be here and I keep wondering what's
keeping you tethered. You hate this place, hate most of the guys here
and **** all over everyone routinely. Methinks thee doth protest too
much.

Corky Scott