Old April 2nd 04, 07:20 PM
Dave Butler

PaulaJay1 wrote:
In article ,
(Dan White) writes:

I have the pc interface cable and have downloaded the update from
Garmin's website. I've set the IO mode to Data Transfer/Slave. The
problem is that updatesw.exe times out trying to connect to the gps
through either com1 or com2. Does the unit have to be set up to
receive the update? I assume it needs to be powered up, but have
tried it with power off as well.

Isn't there an "auto detect" button during setup? I think that I connect via
Comm 3.

Chuck

From memory, there is a protocol selection screen buried somewhere in the
receiver menus, and it needs to be set to "GARMIN/GARMIN", or maybe it's
"GRMN/GRMN".

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.