Old January 31st 04, 10:35 PM
Ernest Christley

Philippe Vessaire wrote:

The 2004 Toyota Prius hybrid car has a Denso electrically powered
air conditioning compressor that apparently does not need to be
mounted on the engine. This offers the possibility of reasonably
putting A/C in a homebuilt airplane. What comes to mind is one of
these systems mounted in the aft fuselage (one way to overcome a
nose heavy design) with a duct (with a retractable scoop) for air
for the condensor.

I know only one way to have a cool flight during summer: I climb, and
when I read 18°C (65°F) OAT, I level off.

By

No good for a 45min taxi on the ground in Florida summer. But what's
wrong with an icebox. Lightweight aluminum box, with passages through
the bottom. Pass vent air through it and into the cockpit. Fill the
box with ice and it should last until you reach the 65* air. Very
little extra weight in the winter, or when you're in the cruise
configuration (it'll have melted by then.

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,