Old May 9th 04, 05:20 PM
zip

"Newps" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:Vcqnc.11795$xw3.806601@attbi_s04...

Personally, I think the fact that we're flying around behind vacuum
instruments in the 21st century is patently absurd.

Then figure out a way to go to a wet pump. I worry about wet pump failure
as much as I worry about my tires going square.

Electric would clearly be the way to go. There are some wonderful
advancements in A/C instrumentation that would be a clear advantage to the
recreational aviation crowd. You will likely not see them until sport pilot
and/or some form of simplified certification is allowed. We are flying stuff
certified in the forties simply because there are too many liability lawyers
in the world. If anything fails, for any reason, at any time, ever, somebody
will be sued. I'm all for corporate responsibility, but the situation as it
exists now is deadly for everyone.

Do you know why ultralight piilots are flying Rotax two strokes? Because the
company that makes them has NO assets in the USA, liniting the damage that
can be done to them by silly lawsuits. Same with motorcycle helmets, there
are NO manufacturers wuth assets in the U.S. Want to save american jobs?
Stop frivolous profit oriented lawsuits.

Sorry I didn't mean to get into a rant when I started this letter but I
stand behind every opinion.