Old June 14th 04, 11:19 PM
Andrew Gideon

Roy Smith wrote:

Interestingly enough, my club recently reorganized itself to do away
with membership classes.

That *is* interesting, as you've moved in exactly the opposite direction
from what I was considering. That speaks to this being a poor idea. Oh
well.

[...]
Surprisingly (to my thinking,
anyway), the proposal was wildly popular with B members, and passed by a
wide margin. I think that showed that the social aspects were a more
powerful driver than the pure financial ones.

Indeed. You've a fine example there of my idea failing. As I wrote: Oh
well.

[...]
Now, as for your upgrade path, I have a suggestion. Come join the WFC.
Your costs would go up, as you'd be paying dues to both the PFC and the
WFC, but you'd have access to more planes, and get exposure to a wider
ranges of types. And, you'd enjoy greater scheduling availability since
you'd be able to draw on both your PFC and WFC quotas.

Joining an additional club was part of how I fell into this (recall I wrote
about having searched for other clubs in the area?). So that's certainly
an idea.

However, HPN is a little far for me. CDW's proximity has done a terrific
job of spoiling me.

However, all this is a little out in the future for me. As you'll see
below, I've only been in the PFC for under a year. My consideration of an
upgrade path wasn't something at which I was looking for the immediate
future, but just a bit of speculation as to where I'd be going when I go.

BTW, what made you guys move out of TEB?

I don't know the entire answer, as I joined right after this occurred. In
fact, my checkride was out of Teterboro, but my first flight out of
Caldwell. I know that this was at least partially financial, and that the
move make purchase of an additional 172 more feasible.

I also know that this was a tough decision, and that it involved some very
late meetings on the topic.

- Andrew