Old February 9th 04, 08:29 PM
Drew Dalgleish

On 09 Feb 2004 18:41:46 GMT, (DL152279546231)
wrote:

I have been looking at Zenair's Ch 701 STOL and nowhere have I seen any mention
of treating the inside of the sheet alluminum for corrosion protection. I would
have thought spraypainting with green (zincoxide?) paint woudld have been
necessary

The 6061 aluminum used on these is very corrosion resistant. On my
murphy rebel the only protection is epoxy chromate between the mating
surfaces assembled wet and the rivets dipped in chromate as well.
spraying with LPS or similar after completion should be all the
protection you need