Old October 20th 04, 04:15 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On 19 Oct 2004 19:20:15 -0700, Javier Henderson wrote:

Did they add terrain boundaries to the GNS480/CNX80 yet?

Not to my knowledge. Nor am I aware of any plans to do so. But you can
read altitude -- either GPS or encoding altimeter derived -- along with the
MSA for your location.

Can the GNS480/CNX80 display mode S traffic?

You can display traffic using either the TIS functionality or interface
with the 3COM Sky watch system.

Can the GNS480/CNX80 display Ryan/TCAD traffic?

Don't know

As for the victor airways, it's in the "nice to have" category, but
not much of a deciding factor for me. I've had a GNS430 for four
years, and got used to entering some defining waypoint for the airway
that ATC wants me on.

Here in the NE, with frequent and complicated routing changes, it becomes
"very" nice to have.

To each his own, of course, it's good to have choices. I just thought
I'd add a few questions.