Old October 24th 04, 06:32 PM
zatatime

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:40:03 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

What do you guys use on your yokes? Is there anything that lasts longer
than silicone spray that (a) doesn't stain carpet, (b) doesn't stink to high
heaven, and (c) doesn't leave particulate matter behind?

An IA friend of mine recommended Dow Corning #4.

Its labeled as an Electrical Insulating compound, but contains
silicone and it a great lube. It even meets MIL Spec 8660.

I had a similar problem when I bought my bird, someone used something
that gummed up the works. I also was very irritated on landings when
I'd apply a little back pressure (nothing happened), a little more
(nothing happened), a little more and the yoke came back 2 inches.
(Crap!)

This stuff comes in a squeeze tube, so spray doesn't go everywhere,
and provides about 9 months of lube since its thicker and remains on
the yoke longer (while it was getting gunk out it didn't last as
long). It also helped clean out a whole bunch of junk from the
bushings.

I highly recommend this to anyone. A little bit goes a long way.

HTH.