Old November 2nd 04, 04:35 AM
Dave Stadt

"Dude" wrote in message
Well, I have never heard of anyone being held on the field at a Pace

event.
If that were to happen, then we should all hear about it, and find out who
got fired.

OTOH, the FAA is the FAA. I suspect that your example is misleading,
because that type of plane is exactly what they want to fix. If a plane

was
seriously dangerous due to physical imperfection, rather than log

problems,
I suppose someone might get strongly pressured to not fly it out. But it
would have to be an obvious hazard that no reasonable pilot would want to
ignore.

There are very few FAA people that can tell an airworthy airframe from one
that is unairworthy. They can look over paperwork but beyond that don't
expect much..