Old December 1st 04, 05:52 AM
Dick

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message
news:z%bqd.2405$wr6.140@trnddc04...

"Dick" wrote in message

That is unfortunate, but did you really "lose" money? The card companies
make the money from the card holders, not the vendors.

You couldn't be more wrong. Credit card companies charge the
'vendors' a fee for each and every transaction.

No, you couldn't be more wrong. Vendors choose the prices, consumers hold
the cards. Consumers make the purchases. The fees are passed to the
consumers.

Again, I asked if he actually "lost money" in services or other goods.

I fought with VISA for four months
over a disputed charge where they gave credit to the card user and refused
to refund the transaction fee they charged me.
The so-called customer used a credit card to sign up two people for a
conference. I paid the conference center based on a head count that
included him and his wife. I showed VISA the signed contract that put a
date limit on refunds. The customer did not provide any proof that they
had ever cancelled, much less on or before the cancellation date. VISA
refused to honor the charge and left me holding the bag. We no longer
accept credit cards for conference registration. I put most of the blame
on the scumbag deadhead.
Have you never noticed signs near cash registers that deny the use of
a credit card for sales below a minimum purchase? Have you never noticed
some 'vendors' will offer a discount to customers that pay cash?