Old December 22nd 04, 03:55 PM
Matt Barrow

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Matt, stepping up to an all weather turboprop aircraft is a whole new
world...

Probably not as bad as the Baron I used to own.

Until you have a year or two of flying one on a gotta-be-there
schedule, you need someone in the cockpit who's major skill set is
pushing aluminum from point A to point B in any weather, not building
houses in any weather...

I've been managing to push aluminum around for all these years, including
the eight that I've spent building my business, I imagine that it can't be
worse than getting there in my Bonanza.

No, the hired pilot doesn't 'have' to be ATP rated but he/she needs to
be commercial, CFII, with real world experience - military flying, or
bush pilot time, air taxi time, UPS, etc... This will help you
tremendously in the cost of insurance which is going to be a big ticket
item if you are the named pilot and just moving into turbine aircraft -
having a propilot with turbine experience as the named pilot initially
will save you money up front and get you (almost) free instruction time
until you can satisfy the insurance minimum turbine time requirement...
Look in Trade-A-Plane for guys wanting a job... There are folks with
both technical education and turbine time looking for work...
Monster.com is a resource also.. While I suggested a full time
employee who is available on demand, there are folks who will work just
for the flying, also...

Thanks for your comments.
--
Matt