Old July 23rd 03, 09:18 PM
jeff

A psycology teacher that I had at one time made us argue the
counterpoint of anything that we felt strongly for/against. It really
made me see the other side and come up with better arguments to
support my case. I think that it may be time to figure out those
arguments.

He was an excellent teacher. However, for the time-being I'd appreciate it
if you would use these same logical skills and argue as vociferously on MY
side of this argument!

I will be there fighting, if need be. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to
see it stay. I guess that my point is that if we cannot come up with
any better arguments that what we have discussed, it will be lights
out. It would be REALLY benefitial, as another poster stated, if a
local, or incoming business would use the airport more. As I
understand it, without PS Air, even the charters are very limited.

I do have a friend that USED to manage the Wal-Mart down there. He
said that they would regularly "pop in" down there as they were flying
around. Don't know haw many ops they do, but that would be a better
argument than the cemetary thing.

IT may be, if iowa City would pull it's head out of their ass's, the
new convention center slated to be in Coralville could help your
cause. If you do not become pro-active though, as a city, all of this
traffic will go to Cedar Rapids because of the issues that I earlier
discussed.

I'll let you know what I find out from one of the CR Airport
comissioners next time I see him.

Later (have fun at the party),
Jeff