Old September 1st 03, 08:41 PM
Neal

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:45:23 GMT, "Scott Lowrey"
wrote:

"Neal" wrote in message ...
An F-15 can get pretty awesomely loud too, looks vaguely similar to an
F-18, to the layperson, in that it also has twin vertical
stabilizors/rudders but they're straight up instead of angled
outwards. F-15's wing is much larger, and somewhat delta-shaped too.

Good pics for comparison at:
http://www.rijskamp.com/KLu/photos/photo_50.html

That's an excellent shot, thanks. From my viewing angle and distance, I
really
didn't get a good enough look. All I caught were the twin verticals. Looks
like the key is the wing shape (and angle of verticals). Unfortunately the
roll
in my direction put the wings level with me, so couldn't see them.

I forgot to mention the F-14, it also has a twin tail, but it'd
probably be pretty rare to see one in Minnesota. I've never even seen
one in person myself, here in north Texas.

Here's a cute photo of a Tomcat.

http://www.rijskamp.com/KLu/photos/photo_66.html

Water skiing, anyone? :-)