Old March 7th 04, 09:52 PM
Big John

Pac

Feel a lot better but still have the infirmities of old old age. Still
better than a sharp stick in the eye as we used to say.

The media trashed AA so bad in and after VN about their out country
ops, think the name was changed to protect the innocent. Probably many
of same crews moved on from AA after it was shut down or reduced in
size?

I went through a aircraft check out program during Nam with a CIA and
AF type who wouldn't talk about where they were going. From the A/C we
were flying the only place could have been Laos.

Take care and fly right )

BJ

On 6 Mar 2004 07:57:35 -0800, (pacplyer) wrote:

Big John wrote in message . ..
Pac

Wasn't SAT the outfit that Ollie was using in Nicaragua and the '****
kicker' got taken and made the headlines????

Big John

Yeah that's the bunch all right. They were involved in a lot of other
things around the world too that didn't make the papers. "Anything,
anywhere." Everytime we'd see a grey or camouflaged herc C-130 with
no markings or registration numbers taxiing around on a ramp somewhere
around the world using a strange callsign we would smile because we
knew it might be those fearless SAT guys again. The average American
probably owes these guys a lot and doesn't even know it. I think BWB
is right, that it is really the same Co. (from the gov standpoint) but
they just changed their name and started anew aft Nam. At least
that's what I heard anyway. Should ask Walt if he's still here.

You doing better after you hosp. stay?

pac