Old November 26th 03, 01:11 AM
jim rosinski

ost (Ditch) wrote

My fovorite ezample are those pilots who are
confident that they could handle an IMC gyro failure when the record shows
that many (most?) cannot.

Give me an engine failure any day. Gyro failure is my worst nightmare.

Big-time ditto from me on this. Couple years ago I had a complete
gyro failure at night, fortunately not IFR. No warning, no nothing.
Just failed completely and instantly. Subsequent investigation of the
literature showed that this is not an uncommon failure mode.

I don't fly IFR any more, and probably won't till I'm flying a plane
with backup gyros. That's one nice thing about the new Cessnas,
they've got backups.

Jim Rosinski
N3825Q