Old December 1st 03, 06:17 PM
Mike Rapoport

Sorry for the tone but it is incredible to me that anyone thinks that
changing oil protects against structural failure of a crankshaft or
connecting rod. Yes changing the oil makes the bearings, gears, cam/lifters
and all other rubbing/sliding parts last longer but it does not affect
cracking one bit.

Mike
MU-2

"Tom S." wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...
Presumably you have never worked on an engine at all.. Please describe

how
changing engine oil keeps a connecting rod from breaking in half.

Please lose the patronizing tone that you came into this discussion with,
then I'll continue with my QUESTION. (No wonder that one guy said he came
into the group, then left after seeing the abuse some dole out.)