Old December 4th 03, 07:55 AM
Dave S

There is more than one category of Experimental... and a certified
airplane that is "demoted" to experimental is most certainly NOT
"amatuer built".

Dave

BTIZ wrote:
could not carry pax in an experimental? happens all the time...
many home builts and gliders are certified experimental..

the aircraft must be marked "experimental" in letters of a stated size and
in an area visible to the pax

must have been an insurance thing..

BT

"Peter R." wrote in message

Jeff Franks ) wrote:

Just wondering. Is it possible (read practical) to take a certified
aircraft (C172 for example) and have it "demoted" to an Experimental?

A few weeks ago, I saw a 2003 C182 that had been "demoted" to an
Experimental due to the installed Garmin G1000 avionics. I was told that
this aircraft could not carry passengers because of this status, so we

were

unable to see the avionics in action.

FWIW...

--