Old December 10th 03, 05:32 PM
Robert M. Gary

The FARs require, "1 hour of flight training" for a CFI signed BFR. My
understanding is any plane used for training requires a 100 hour if
there is a charge for the airplane time. I suppose you could get away
by not charging for the airplane. The bigger issue is insurance. If I
give instruction to anyone in my plane that is not an owner of the
plane (named on the policy) there is no insurance. So if you forget
the landing gear and you have a student in the left seat (yes, seat
position does make a difference to the insurance companies) there is
no coverage.

"Roger Long" om wrote in message ...
If a CFI owns and airplane and gives primary or instrument instruction in
it, it has to be on a 100 hour inspection cycle since he is providing the
aircraft for instruction.

How about if he only uses it to give BFR's? Does that put it under the 100
inspection requirement?