Old April 1st 04, 10:26 PM
Ron Natalie

"Ken Finney" wrote in message ...
I'm planning on going to Oshkosh with my wife, who isn't too interested in
airplanes in general. I figured there had to be events scheduled for
"non-flying female type spouses/SOs", but the official brochure doesn't
mention any. Can anyone point me towards what is out there?

My wife wasn't "too interested in airplanes" (she also wasn't my wife at the time)
the first time I took her to Oshkosh. By the time we got home she was ready
to get her pilots license. The next year she was a newly licensed private pilot
(but refused to land at OSH), the year after that she flew her own plane in.

But getting to the heart of the matter.

There is traditionally one forum track during the day that is non-aviation related
and there is a "women's" activities building that has various crafting things as well
as showing non-aviation movies.

A shuttle bus will take you to a nearby outlet mall.
The city bus will take in you into Oshkosh proper.

The evening "Theatre in the Woods" programs usually have a entertainment
feature (Kids from Wisconsin, etc...) that's not aviation related.