Old December 29th 03, 05:59 PM
Michael

(Robert M. Gary) wrote
When I first bought my Mooney, the first annual included $200 for "Rat
socks". A corpse could never fit into the wheel well of a Mooney but
apparently rats do and they make a special fabric cover to go in there
to prevent rats from climbing up the wells.

A fabric cover will not prevent rats from doing anything - rats will
chew right through fabric. Not sure what your IA was thinking there.

A friend of mine (also an IA) with a Twin COmanche used to have that
problem. Rats would get into the plane and eat the wiring, despite
the plane being hangared. My plane sat outside, but I never had the
problem. I made friends with the local cat airport cat. Sure, I
sometimes had paw prints on my wings - but the local rodentia stayed
far away.

Let's see: "Rat socks" - $200. Catnip - $1.95. 'Nuff said.

Michael