Old April 23rd 04, 02:26 AM
Stan's News

Guys,

Here's all you need to know about making spinners

http://prl.stanford.edu/documents/pdf/spinning.pdf

, now just do it.

Stan Kapushinski

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. ..
It is called spinning and is really not too hard to do on annealed

materials. You do of course have to have a pretty
large throw available on the lathe...

--
Dan D.

.
wrote in message

I've heard of guys making bowls and spinners by rolling metal into a
form that's turning on a lathe. I gather they use some kind of roller
against the metel to force it in as the lathe turns, but beyond that I
don't understand the process. I don't, for instance, understand how
the metal is held in place while being forced into the mold. The
mold, if I'm recalling correctly, was simply a wood block with the
proper depression cut into it.

Perhaps I should ask "Tinman".

Corky Scott