Old May 2nd 04, 06:53 PM
G. Burkhart

a.b.p.a is a good place to view pictures of planes for that day, but it
is a terrible place for finding a specific plane/person picture from these
rec.aviation groups. If someone asks me if I have some (old) pictures of my
plane online, I point them to Jay's site or the Ercoupe site and they can
view them. Jay's site is set up nicely that I can browse the pictures of the
people and planes at my leisure or look up specific people or planes from
these groups to get some (usually wrong ;-) impression of the posters.

When my plane gets out of annual, I will try to take some newer/better
pictures of my Ercoupe and submit them to Jay's site. It allows others in
these groups to get an idea of my flying.

I can't imagine trying to keep track of the various people and planes on
these rec groups by downloading their pictures from a.b.p.a. and trying to
catalog, sort and filter out the non rec. planes. Jay's site is a great
complement to these rec groups.

I recently took a picture of a Citabria (N91RA) at FRM (yes, the same
one that's on the April cover of AOPA), anyone interested in seeing it can
check it out on a.b.p.a. one of these days...

-Greg Burkhart
N93332

"Shiver Me Timbers" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:

The major drawback to the newsgroups, however, is that they do not allow

the
transmission of photos.

Says who.....??????

alt.binaries.pictures.aviation