Old March 11th 04, 08:09 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:49:45 -0500, Peter R.
wrote:

Yesterday, while wrapping up my complex, high performance instruction in a
Bonanza V35, I received my first speed restriction from ATC during the
approach back into the class C airport. "Bonanza XX, do not exceed 150,
number two following a Dash 8, cleared ILS 28 approach."

Wait till you get one that says, "Maintain speed as long as
possible":-))

I had been flying safety pilot for a friend who flys a Mooney. Later
we brought the Deb over to MBS for some practice. I received one of
those "Please maintain speed as long as possible"

He remarked later that had he flown the ILS at *that* speed we'd have
stopped some where out in the bean field off the other end of the
runway. :-))

Right Joe?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

After a little more than two years of receiving "maintain best speed" in
the 172, this was a pleasant contrast.

On the ground, the instructor signed his name under the complex, high-
performance endorsement, a little more than 12 hours of instruction later.