Old March 14th 04, 04:49 PM
Jay Honeck

Yes, I blame them for these cowardly acts, and no, I do not think they
have
any justification for their barbaric acts against innocents, which is
against even their own religion. But let's be realistic here - anybody

who
doesn't see the Bush administration, with its "faith-based" initiatives

and
connection to the very right wing Church as crossing the line toward

making
the US a Christian country must be fairly blind or strongly believe that
this direction is the Right Thing To Do.

While I am uncomfortable with the religious right wing of the Republican
Party, I'm hard-pressed to list anything concrete Bush has done in their
favor.

I suppose you could list the ban on partial-birth abortion as happening
under his watch, but this procedure is so barbaric that most people --
Democrat or Republican -- shudder at this type of abortion. I see that law
as being outside of partisan politics -- but that's just me, I suppose.

And the Judge who tried to place the Ten Commandments on the front lawn of
the town courthouse (down South somewhere -- I forget) was summarily drummed
out of office...

While it is true that Bush is obviously a devout Christian, which may change
the *perception* of the U.S., I don't see that the country -- or the laws of
the U.S. -- have changed in any pro-Christian way under his watch.

If anything, the country went waaaaay conservative during the Clinton
presidency.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA