Old March 14th 04, 08:42 PM
Mike Rhodes

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:47:47 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

We are all Spaniards today.

Hi Jay,

That alliance is probably what the terrorists are fighting. And you
also know this, so would want to make them angry by using it. But it
is now a more pained relationship. This could continue, and likely
will.

But not all of us consider ourselves Spaniards. It isn't that we have
something against Spain; but that we don't have the time, nor the
internals to become so emotionally involved. And it isn't just Spain
with whom we might want to limit our personal relationships.
Commitment of militaries is not the only cost; and that is a cost.

You make the statement grandly, to anger the terrorists; believing
they have no valid complaint. (I am not without sympathy for Spain.)
But are the terrorists acting out of only insanity? Is no one
discussing their motives at all?

Our habit of ignorance developed out of the Middle East troubles, to
protect Israel. (We know what the trouble is there. It is religion.
Huh?) But now we're stuck in this 'quiet' mode, and ignoring a
complaint which some might believe to be valid. We choose to be
silent about what? Sovereignty, for it would interfere with our
vision of the world; which is ours to mold. We are NOT for
sovereignty (at least, the World Trade Center is not), and that is
what those oil-rich, sand-bound terrorists are so insecure about.
They are not the only ones.

Mike