Old March 28th 04, 04:41 PM
Javier Henderson

"Steven P. McNicoll" writes:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news4B9c.116761$_w.1371132@attbi_s53...

Who decides whether an individual tower give tours or not?

Absent any directive from higher authority, the tower manager.

Last weekend, as I landed at the home field (KSNS), I asked the ground
controller if I could come up for a visit. He enthusiastically said
"sure!", so we went up and spent about a half hour looking around.

I used to try that strategy often, and got to visit several towers
and one TRACON that way (Santa Barbara TRACON, located at the base
of the tower at KSBA). I guess I'll go back to trying it.

-jav