Old April 9th 04, 02:59 AM
KG

"Chris Gumm" wrote in message ...
I hope I'm not the only one guilty of this, but do any of you that rent
aircraft ever look at the logs? I have never looked at ant log for an
aircraft I rented, it wasn't even brought up in my training. Well actually
it was only mentioned while I was doing training. I recently found out that
the current aircraft I rent crashed a few years back.

My FBO keeps the logs in a cabinet in the office. They are available
at anytime that the office is open. Obviously they don't want you to
remove them for any purpose, but they will make copies if you need
them. The only time I've ever personally looked at them was for my
checkride. The examiner asked me how I knew that the aircraft was
airworthy and legal to fly.

Kenny G.