Old April 21st 04, 02:14 AM
FUji

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:35:03 -0500, FUji wrote:

Huh? Maximum output of most handheld cell phones is 0.6 watts with the

old
in-car and bag phones going up to 3 watts. It can't output more than

it's
maximum no matter how far you are away from the tower. The radius of
interference from 0.6 watt phones transmitting from inside an aluminum

can
would be rather small. And it's a little hard to imagine a plane full

of
people with bag phones.

I thought I might just toss this out there. I quickly looked. I did not
have any trouble finding modern, handheld phones, with 2-watts output.
So, I think it's safe to say that we know for sure it's at least 2-watts.

0.7 watts is the maximum that is considered "safe" for handheld use by
medical experts. Any more than that gets your brain frying, so they say.
;-)

I've had cell phones for fifteen years (novatel, motorola, mitsubishi, etc.)
and all the handhelds except the ericssons were 0.6 watts. The ericssons
were only 0.5 watts! Way back then I remember if you complained about bad
reception with a handheld they'd tell you to "upgrade" to a transportable.

Any links or names of the ones you found?