Old April 21st 04, 02:54 PM
Malcolm Teas

(Captain Wubba) wrote in message . com...
Howdy. Does anyone know if a copy of the FAA's 'Airplane Flying
Handbook' (FAA-8083-3) is available online in a PDF or HTML version
anywhere? The book it replaces (The old Flight Training Handbook, AC
61-21) was available for download on the FAA's AC site, but I can't
find the new book except in printed book form. Anybody know where it
might be, or if the FAA is even going to make it availabe in
electronic format?

In an email exchange with the FAA webmaster a few months ago I was
told that the FAA is intending to convert all the handbooks to PDF
format at post them. They will be posted at:

http://av-info.faa.gov/srchAdvancedR...aininghandbook

However, 8083-3 isn't up yet. This is despite the fact that their own
list of handbooks (available at the same URL above) shows it as
available.

You might be able to find the old AC version of the handbook at the
http://av-info.faa.gov/srchAdvancedR...visorycircular

-Malcolm Teas