Old June 15th 04, 06:54 PM
Jim Fisher

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
"Jim Fisher" wrote in message

Tell us, McNiacal, why is it not historically significant?

Why don't you just spit out what you're getting at?

It's not historically significant because the feat has been accomplished
before. That it was previously done by the government is irrelevant.

To you, perhaps. Not to the rest of us thinking individuals who've been
around since before the Apollo days. We recall that the first manned
mission outside the earth's atmosphere required a literal army of the best
minds in the world. It required the invention of enormously powerful
computers (with up to 16kb of RAM!) that could actually fit into a
suitcase-sized compartment. Only men with the "right stuff" as well as an
entire country behind them could participate.

Now? A few engineer-types in a warehouse out in the dessert are seriously
contemplating doing what, to me, still seems impossible . . . And may still
prove to be.

I'd call that "historic" but then, I'm not an idiot.

--
Jim Fisher